The KALIA Yojana is a state government scheme in Odisha, India, providing monetary assistance to small and marginal farmers to improve agricultural practices and increase income. With a budget of Rs. 10,000 crores, it supports disadvantaged households, landless laborers, and marginal cultivators. To apply, visit the official Kalia Portal or visit the Odisha government’s official website.
What is KALIA Yojana
In the Indian state of Odisha, the state government runs a program called the Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA) Scheme. Its goal is to give small and marginal farmers financial support so they can enhance their farming methods and boost their revenue. The program, which has a budget of about Rs. 10,000 crores, is intended to help the state’s marginal farmers, landless workers, and underprivileged agricultural households.
You can go to the official Kalia Portal to apply for the KALIA Yojana. The portal gives you details about the plan and lets you know how your application is progressing. Please be aware that the portal only records and saves your name in accordance with Aadhaar.
For additional information on the program, such as eligibility requirements and application procedures, you can visit the Sarkari Yojana website or the Odisha government’s official website.
Also Read: PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023
What are the benefits of KALIA Yojana?
In the state of Odisha, farmers and agricultural households can receive complete help through the Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA) Scheme. The following are some advantages that the program offers:
- Entire Support for Cultivation: Over the course of five growing seasons, small and marginal farmers receive financial support totaling Rs. 25,000 per farm family. You can buy inputs like seeds, fertilizer, insecticides, and other investments with this amount
- All-inclusive Support for Subsistence: Agricultural households without land might get up to Rs. 12,500 in financial aid. Assistance for Vulnerable Agricultural Household: To support their sustenance, vulnerable cultivators and landless agricultural laborers receive financial assistance of Rs. 10,000 per family annually. This support can be used for agricultural allied activities such as goat rearing, poultry farming, fishery kits, mushroom cultivation, and beekeeping.
- Life Insurance for Cultivators and Landless Agricultural Laborers: At a minimal cost of Rs. 3301, life insurance coverage of Rs. 2.00 lakh is offered to holders of savings bank accounts between the ages of 18 and 50.
- Interest-Free Crop Loan: To finance their farming needs, farmers can apply for interest-free crop loans.
Who is eligible for KALIA Yojana?
The following are the requirements to be eligible for the Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA) Scheme:
- Small and Marginal Farmers: Owners of between one hectare (2.5 acres) and two hectares (5 acres) of agricultural property are referred to as small and marginal farmers.
- Landless Agricultural Households: Vulnerable agricultural households, landless agricultural laborers, and sharecroppers—actual cultivators—are all considered landless agricultural households.
- Vulnerable Agricultural Households: Households in agriculture that are vulnerable include those that are elderly, disabled, ill, or vulnerable for any other reason.
- 50 lakh families in all fit under these qualifying categories.
Please be aware that you must be an Odisha permanent resident in order to apply for the KALIA Yojana45. Applying for the scheme also requires possessing a functional bank account. State and federal employees of the government are not eligible to apply. You will not be qualified for the KALIA Yojana if you are subject to the tax payment structure.
To obtain additional details regarding the program and the application procedure, please visit the official Kalia Portal.
How can I apply for the KALIA Scheme?
You can take the following actions to apply for the Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA) Scheme:
- Go to Kalia Portal’s main website.
- Click on the “Apply Online” option located on the homepage.
- You’ll be taken to a new page where you can choose the right form according to your eligibility:
- For farmers, use the Green Form.
For farmers without land and sharecroppers, use the Red Form.
- Enter all necessary data, such as your name, bank account information, Aadhaar number, land details, and income details.
- Send in the application.
Please be aware that the Aadhaar name is the only information that the Kalia Portal records or keeps.
To obtain additional details regarding the program and the application procedure, please visit the Official Kalia Portal.
Which state introduced Kalia Yojana?
Kalia Yojana is introduced by Odisha State.
When Kalia Yojana came into existence in Odisha?
Kalia Yojana was launched initially in 2018 December
Who was the chief minister of Odisha when Kalia Yojana was launched?
Kalia Yojana was launched during the tenure of CM Naveen Patnaik.
How to check Kalia Yojana payment status online?
Kalia Yojana payment status can be checked in the Kalia website under grievance option.